Re: GSBN:Next International Conference

Hello all,

In my experience, the decision about the location depends on someone
offering to take on this major effort.

There are many locations around the world that we would like to visit for an
ISBBC, I'm sure. In an item in a recent issue of TLS, I'd suggested Spain,
but their network is only two years old and probably not ready for such an
undertaking. Other countries you've mentioned are probably in the same
situation.

Because Colorado has generously offered to take on an ISBBC in 2008 with
assistance from CASBA (California), and have proved they are capable of
planning and carrying out successful conferences, I'd suggest that their
offer be accepted.

Fortunately, I have attended all of the ISBBCs and have watched them grow
from weekend to week-long events with increasing numbers attending. No
matter where in the world they are held, the conferences are beneficial to
those who attend and those who later experience the results of discussions,
proposals and outcomes from the conferences.

Let's support COSBA and CASBA in their offer for 2008, and hope that the
other associations and networks around the world will line up with offers
for 2010 and beyond as they grow and have the local and regional support
they need to host the event in the future.

Joyce

on 10.12.2006 8:26 PM, Martin Hammer at mfhammer@...: