Re: GSBN:Re: Next International Conference

Hi all,

I tried to organize a bus tour as a means for people to travel to Canada for
the ISBBC this year, but needed more time to get it done. Maybe bus tours
would be a way to gather people together from various areas around North
America to save on travel costs and reduce the environmental footprint of
the travel to an ISBBC, while offering people on the bus tours opportunities
to see strawbale and natural buildings along the way. Just an idea!

The convoy tours in the UK and in northern Europe before ISBBC/Denmark in
2004 were not only very informative, a great opportunity to visit with
others in a leisurely way, and to view and talk with owner/builders,
builders and contractors and others along the way. I think we may have even
converted the two French bus drivers into straw-bale enthusiasts as they
visited all of the buildings and sessions at the conference, and asked as we
left how soon we would be returning so they could continue to learn about
and see more straw-bale buildings.

Joyce

on 10.13.2006 11:04 AM, Kelly Lerner at klerner@...: