Re: GSBN:Nomination for GSBN Membership

In addition to supporting Mark Schueneman's nomination (which quickly
received numerous seconds) I second the nomination of Kris Dick.

I would have done so even before seeing his impressive presentation at the
ISBBC, but am now even more convinced.  The work he is doing with SB testing
and research in general, and in particular with the substantial SB building
he built at the University of Manitoba is of great value.  Against
University resistance, he managed to make it the only building on campus not
parallel to the road grid, so that it's long side faces the sun for passive
solar heating.  How's that for someone willing and able to break through the
status quo in the interest of sensible building design.

Kris also combines his brilliance with humor in a way that compares with
that other Canadian strawbale scholar/comedian John Straube.

Martin Hammer