Re: GSBN:Reflections on Summer Plastering - A short tale

Bill -

I'm glad that Lars' comment has refreshed your plaster tale from over a
month ago.  I didn't respond initially, although I was happy as always to
read your plainly beautiful words about plastering and related matters.  The
whole story you related is very enjoyable and inspiring to read.  But when I
first read it, the link in your e-mail didn't connect me to the photos
(don't know if others had that problem) and until now I didn't go directly
to the Canelo site.

Lars is right in describing your photos as very, very beautiful.   Your
ability to capture light and place and people in a photograph is quite
remarkable.  In addition to being a pleasure to look at, your photographs
have always served straw bale and natural building very well, and I, for
one, thank you very much.  And your beautiful plaster work along with the
beautiful plaster work and exceptional artistry of Athena have also been a
pleasure to witness and have served served straw bale and natural building
equally well.  I thank both of you.

The photograph of Athena's sister's sculpture in front of the adobe tower
made an appearance in Catherine Wanek's "Worldwide Strawbale Tour" at the
ISBBC (if my memory serves correctly).  But more than a photo, we would all
love to see the two of you at a future ISBBC if you're able.  In the
meantime, simply, thanks.

Martin Hammer