Date: 15 Oct 2006 23:09:48 -0700
From: Joy Bennett mbenn1035@...
Subject: Re: GSBN:Summer Plastering & ISBBC

Certainly should the 2008 be held in Colorado and
there is a grand tour CASBA would be honored to
arrange the California leg - we definitely have enough
interesting and unique structures to occupy as many
miles and days as allowed.

AND it would be VERY nice if we could do the
scheduling so that Bill and Athena could attend - that
should be part of the scheduling criteria if we do it
in Colorado.

Maurice

- --- Catherine Wanek cat@... wrote:

> At 01:11 AM 10/14/2006,  Martin Hammer wrote:
> >The photograph of Athena's sister's sculpture in
> front of the adobe
> >tower made an appearance in Catherine Wanek's
> "Worldwide Strawbale
> >Tour" at the ISBBC (if my memory serves correctly).
>  But more than a
> >photo, we would all love to see the two of you at a
> future ISBBC if
> >you're able.  In the meantime, simply, thanks....
>

> Hi Bill and Athena  --  to set the record straight,
> Bruce King gets
> the credit for showing your aforementioned photo in
> his truly
> touching presentation at the ISBBC.  It was indeed a
> cool photo, and
> I echo Martin's sentiments -- we wished you were
> there.  It would be
> great to have you and Athena as presenters at a
> future ISBBC.
>
> This may be one of the better reasons to have the
> next ISBBC in
> Colorado -- the fact that it's not too terribly far
> from Canelo, Arizona.
>
> While I totally agree with Andre de Bouter, and I
> would happily
> travel far to the next ISBBC, there are two key
> reasons to accept
> COSBA and CASBA's offers to host with appreciation.
>
> First, its a lot of hard work to coordinate and
> requires
> infrastructure to stage successfully.  With it's
> last two annual
> spring conferences COSBA has shown that it has the
> dedicated members
> to pull off this kind of event for the maximum
> effect.  There are
> many high-quality strawbale homes around Colorado --
> so it would be
> possible arrange optional inspirational home tours
> before and
> after.  In fact -- like Joyce Coppinger suggested --
> an additional
> tour might be set up, for instance, from San
> Francisco to Colorado
> before the conference, and from Colorado to New
> Mexico to Arizona
> after the Conference.
>
> As an enthusiastic participant of the pre-ISBBC 2004
> tours, it's hard
> to express how memorable they were.  It was just
> fantastic to have
> someone else do the driving, take you right to the
> hot spots, make
> sure you are fed and have a pillow under your head,
> and translate or
> interpret the many new and interesting things you
> are
> seeing.  (Thanks again to Barbara Jones and Bee
> Rowan for organizing
> the England, Wales, Ireland leg of the tour, and
> Rene Dalmeijer for
> putting together the trip through Belgium, Germany
> and Denmark.  )
>
> Second, since I know how much I enjoy experiencing
> another culture,
> I've also observed how much people from other
> [...]

Maurice and Joy Bennett

You must be the change you want to see in the world.   Gandhi