Re: GSBN: International Conference for Africa

G ' day Andy

Great to see you on the list and active mate.

Susan and I will be back in Cape Town next August.  We will be on our
way to climb Mount Kilimanjaro to raise funds for Rotary and the
orphan projects we are involved in.

We will also be helping Rotary Hout Bay with a Medical Care Centre,
some restoration of an existing building with funds raised by my
Rotary club.

Thinking out aloud would it be practical and or possible to run a
working straw bale bee for promotion of straw bale in South Africa,
say in Mfuleni township to build a straw bale house on a community
level.  Mama Amelia Poswa and her orphans come to mind or some one
like Amelia.  In Khayelitsha there is Mama Thope and her guest house
and I know that she wants to expand.

If such a building could be found for some of us to come over and
build in early August 2007 that maybe a way of encouraging some of us
on the GSBN list and beyond to run sush an event.  Not an ISBBC but an
International gathering in the form of a working bee.

What do you think?  I could get some of the local Rotary Clubs
involved especially Hout Bay Rotary.

I am sure that there would be a few on this list, eh Renee, who would
participate.  Then they could go on up to Mount Kilimanjaro with me
and have some fun climbing Kili:

<a  target="_blank" href="http://www.coolamonrotary.com/kili/";>http://www.coolamonrotary.com/kili/</a>

Just an idea Andy.

Kind regards