GSBN:Canadian Conferences

Greetings all:

Paul Moode keeps me up to date on his regular contacts with Cuban housing
officials. He introduced them to various bale building methods we discussed
over the last year such as the airbag precompression system of Bob Platts
and Linda Chapman at Fibrehouse Inc., the Strandblock baling method for a
number of recycled fibres such a begasse (post pressing waste sugar cane)
and quick build small load bearing homes.

He hopes to organize an international native housing conference in Vancouver
in the near future and invite a Cuban delegation to visit BC and tour
plastered straw bale homes on the coast. All this has long been in the
planning stages.

all the best,

Habib

Sustainable Works
Habib John Gonzalez
RR#1, S-4, C-12
Crescent Valley, British Columbia
Canada, V0G-1H0
tel/fax 250-359-5095
www.sustainableworks.ca
"Better the kindness of imperfection than perfection without kindness"