From: "Joyce Coppinger" jc10508@...
To: "GSBN" GSBN@...
Sent: Tuesday, October 31, 2006 2:39 PM
Subject: GSBN:FW: Number and Size of SB Buildings

Updated List - Let me know if I've missed anyone's response. Thanks.

Joyce
-------
Joyce Coppinger, Managing Editor
The Last Straw journal
GPFS/TLS, PO Box 22706, Lincoln NE 68542-2706 USA
402.483.5135, fax 402.483.5161
thelaststraw@...
www.thelaststraw.org

Total number of registered strawbale structures as of 10/30/2006: 1239
Country    Number of structures

Argentina     2
Australia     26
Belarus     1
Belgium     1   Rene estimates 35
Canada     62   Chris estimates 500 in Canada, 120 or so in Ontario
Chile     4
China     597
Croatia     1
Denmark     2
Ecuador     1
England     1
Estonia     1
France     12
Germany     1
Greece     1
Guatemela     1
Hungary     2
India     1
Ireland     2
Israel     2
Japan     2
Korea, Republic Of     2
Mexico     9
Mongolia     1
Netherlands     1
New Zealand     4  - Graeme North estimates 30-40 sb houses in NZ and a
few
barns, sheds, etc.
Norway     1
Peru     1
South Africa     6
Spain     4
Sweden     2
Switzerland     1

The Netherlands - no buildings are listed; Rene estimated 20-25.

United States     483

State/Province    Number of structures
Alabama     1
Alaska     2
Arkansas     4
Arizona     38
California     88
Colorado     53
Connecticut     1
Florida     2
Georgia     3
Iowa     3
Idaho     12
Illinois     3
Indiana     2
Kentucky     2
Kansas     10
Louisiana     1
Massachusetts     4
Maryland     3
Maine     2
Michigan     6
Minnesota     5
Missouri     5
Montana     12
North Carolina     6
Nebraska     6  Nebraska - There are 32 new bale buildings in Nebraska
that
I know of or have helped with, and there are only 6 listed
in the registry. - Joyce
New Hampshire     7
New Mexico     25
Nevada     6