Re: GSBN:Strawbale size

Hola Nehemiah Stone stoneandstraw@...,
You wrote on Monday, October 30, 2006 :
Bob,

I am having a little bit of a hard time imagining the look of these
bales -
as different from the "old fashioned" bales (like we used on our house).
Can you explain why you think there would be more air leakage around the
bales?

The cut side of the bales consist of a series of ridges and grooves (where
each flake is cut off), and thus in these bales, as the bales are stacked,
the Bales above rest on the ridges, leaving a series of corrugated grooves
between the Bales that I speculate might allow greater air "flow" than would
typically pass through the mass of the Bales. That might even become more
pronounced if two corrugated surfaces were put together.
Regards~
bb

Sustainable Building Systems, Inc
San Diego/Southern CA