Re: GSBN:Strawbale size

Dear Bob,

If your cut side of these bales resemble a bale stacked on edge I'd say
there would be less infiltration. In fact (our) bales on edge get a
tighter connection then bales layed flat because the cut stems stick
into the bales that are placed above or below. (Our) bales tend to be a
bit proud between the twines and that leaves some space between the
bales. The cut sides don't have this problem and, even though the walls
are slimmer with bales on edge, they are firmer as they lock in. Iin a
post and beam assembly that is. I have not yet tried a loadbearing wall
with bales on edge.

Bye,
Andr?

Bob Bolles a ?crit :