Re: GSBN: Numbers of houses

Kelly,

This is good news on Monday I saw the press conference of the Nicholas
Stern report. Bluntly put its findings say that if we do nothing we are
in for serious economic trouble, disregarding the ecological effects of
rising temperature by up to as much as 5 C. The good news is that if we
globally now spend about 1 % GDP we could curb the most drastic effects
of our carbon economy keeping levels to around 450-550 PPM. We will
still experience a rise in temperature up to about 3 C even then but we
should be able to deal with that.

An example used by Mr Stern  was 'If the UK responsible for about 2% of
the world carbon output would stop completely to zero emissions.
Developing China would fill in the void within 1.5 years.' How apt that
Kelly, ADRA is pushing sustainable building with SB in China. This
could have a big impact if kept on the rails of social and technical
sustainability.

The Stern report check out the links of his presentation notes and
summary
<a  target="_blank" href="http://www.hm-treasury.gov.uk/independent_reviews/";>http://www.hm-treasury.gov.uk/independent_reviews/</a>
stern_review_economics_climate_change/sternreview_index.cfm

Rene