Re: GSBN:potassium silicate

Andre,
I too know of the same results as Kim mentions for PS. The folks who
wrote the Earthbag Building book, Doni Kiffmeyer and Kaki Hunter, also
use it on earthen plasters and like it. I look forward to doing more
testing in my climate.
Best,
Laura

kim thompson wrote:

Hi Andre,
Snowed under is the reality of a slow response vis a vis your
question about potasium silicate.

I have experimented with the Eco House primers and paints on a
variety of earth plasters in our northern Maritime climate, and found
them to be very effective against wind driven rain erosion of the
same. They also "stop dusting" and, to a degree, will stabilize a
somewhat crumbly/sandy mix. The Eco House unpigmented/filled carrier
will leave a slightly cloudy matt mask on a surface - it may be that
straight up potassium silicate would do the same.

I know Bill and Athena have been experimenting with PS also, they
will know more.

kim

One more note Siloxane - Potassium Silicate  : Receiving only one mail
(from Bill C.) leaves me wondering if no one has experience with this
product or if I should not bother the GSBN with this type of technical
questions (or, that all of you are even more 'snowed under' your work
than I am)

Warm greetings,
Andr?
France