Re: GSBN:Re: Acoustics

Hello Bohdan.  Remember that good room acoustics are not only about the
wall, floor and ceiling materials.  Room size, shape, and proportions are
very important.  Issues like parallel surfaces that can facilitate echo, or
curved surfaces along which acoustic creep can occur or curved surfaces that
focus sound are important to be aware of.  Also, surface textures play a
role, as can objects that are in the space.  Consult any good text on room
acoustics, especially one pertaining to recording studios, or performing
arts spaces.   Earth plastered straw bale walls do seem to be a great wall
assembly to enclose a recording studio.  Frank's experience apparently
confirms that.  Good luck!

Martin Hammer