Re: GSBN:SB Fire fighting

Greetings from Denmark as well (we are still picking salad in the garden,
and it seems that this winter might become the first frost free winter in
Denmark in Eons !...)

This topic is very interesting for 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 places in Denmark with
multiple sbc's each.
I'm looking forward to a resume of the to-be-fire-extinguishing-protocol in
TLS as well as the full text online (Wikipidea ?)

love, Lars

2007/1/8, Catherine Wanek cat@...:

Thanks, Tom --  I found the article you mention in TLS#14, page
43.  I scoured the new CD-ROM of the first ten years of TLS for this
info, and found about a dozen references to SB fires and fire
testing.  I recommend the CD to everyone in the GSBN -- to order
contact Joyce Coppinger jc10508@...

-Catherine

At 01:25 PM 1/6/2007, you wrote:
>Hello all - And also a Happy New Year...
>
>The first issue of TLS I edited/managed (in the good ol' days of
>1996...) had an article by my friend Richard Hofmeister about the
>tragic fire that burned his straw-bale student shelter that he had
>built at Taliesin West.  Together, we did a "forensic" visit to the
>site after the fire, took a whole bunch of photos of the wreckage.
>He then did research into what caused the fire, how the fire
>department responded, and what was learned from the experience by
>everyone, and wrote a quite nice piece about building to prevent
>fires and ideas about trying to put them out.
>
>The article (I think it was in TLS Issue #13, or #14...) was
>relatively thorough, Catherine, but I'm sure Richard would be glad to
>fill in any gaps if you wanted to contact him.  Here's his current
>email contact at his architecture firm in LA...
>
>richard@...
>
>Best wishes to everyone for the new year,
>Tom Hahn
>

>>Happy 2007!
>>
>>Since there are a number of strawbale homes in our area, our local
>>volunteer fire department has expressed an interest in training the
>>members in how to fight a fire in a bale house.
>>
>>I am currently compiling all of the TLS stories about fire for
>>background information.
>>
>>Does anyone know if there is already a fire department that has
>>established a protocol for fighting strawbale fires?  If not, can you
>>offer suggestions in this regard?
>>
>>Thank you in advance.
>>
>>Best Regards,
>>
>>Catherine Wanek
>>Natural Building Resources
>>www.StrawbaleCentral.com
>>505-895-3389 / 800-676-5622
>>cat@...
>>
>>----
>>For instructions on joining, leaving, or otherwise using the GSBN
>>list, send email to GSBN@...HELP in the
>>SUBJECT line.  ----
>
>----
>For instructions on joining, leaving, or otherwise using the GSBN
>list, send email to GSBN@...HELP in the
>SUBJECT line.
>----

Til og med den 26. december fejrer vi jul med familien p? Ellegaarden,
Ellegaardsvej 2A, 9940 L¾s¿. Derefter er vi tilbage p? Friland

Jo, Asger and I are back in Denmark.

jomorandin@...
larskeller@...

mobiler