Re: GSBN:Re: ESBG - European Straw Bale Gathering 2007

Dear John, dear Chug, dear all,

will gladly transmit this to the organisers (guess Dirk is involved there,
he might be on holidays) . This time I am not involved actively and will
stay in Brittany caring for our tourists. However if the travelroute to
Siebenlinden could pass my brothers nice new strawbale dwelling in Naumburg
a.d. Saale this is a great place to visit. He suggested to include a
programme like testing wine in one of those wineyards, visiting one of those
castles or other interesting things around, maybe a bit too much for a
sb-orientated trip towards Siebenlinden ;-)))

There is something else: if Gernot Minke (a professor of architecture in
Kassel) would be interested to join GSBN, this would be great. His knowledge
on clay techniques is profound. If you feel for I will contact him. Once I
hold a lecture there and since than he is rather keen on sb-constructions,
has written a recommendable book etc. I don't know if the organisers did
approach him so far for the gathering.

Best wishes,

Martin Oehlmann
www.ecovacancesbretagne.com