GSBN:GSBN re Ecohouse

We are more than happy to support Gernot Minke's nomination also.

And on the subject of the ecohouse in London I would just like to say that I
trained Sarah Wigglesworth and Jeremy Till in 1997 before they built their
house, and gave them the benefit of my advice, part of which was not to clad
the straw in the way that they have, so I am delighted that it is proving to
work so well.
Also they publicise their building as the first in the UK with planning
permission and Building regulation approval, but this is not correct, as I
helped self-builders to build their own loadbearing bungalow near Brecon in
Wales in 1996, and this had full planning permission and Building regulation
approval. It was also featured on the BBC programme Countryfile in early
1997.

Best wishes
Barbara

Warning! Strawbale Building Can Seriously Transform Your Life!

Amazon Nails-Strawbalefutures. A not-for-profit social enterprise.
www.strawbalefutures.org.uk
info@...
Tel: 00 44 (0) 845 458 2173
Hollinroyd Farm, Todmorden, W.Yorks OL14 8RJ