From: GSBN [<a  target="_blank" href="mailto:GSBN@...";>mailto:GSBN@...] On Behalf Of Jakub Wihan
Sent: Wednesday, January 17, 2007 9:04 AM
To: GSBN
Subject: GSBN:GSBN re Ecohouse

Dear all.

Another thing to consider when discussing Sarah's straw bale house are mice.

There are two straw bale houses in Siberia, that have been built the similar
way as Sarah's except there was asbestos sheeting covering unplastered straw
instead of plastic on those houses. Only after one winter the Siberians
decided to take the sheeting off and plaster the straw under it, because the
amount of mice loving the space in the winter was incredible. Check:
<a  target="_blank" href="http://www.jakubwihan.com/pdf/SBinSiberia.pdf";>http://www.jakubwihan.com/pdf/SBinSiberia.pdf</a> page 9.

There is also one intentionally unplastered straw bale house in the Czech
Republic. I heard that the owner is troubled by mice living in bales.

Love

Kuba