Re: GSBN: re unplastered SBs and fire protection

G ' day Alex

You stated:

The code states: all building materials that are thicker than 1.6 millimeter
must be tested independently, in addition to the full wall fire test, to
determine their flammability indexes.

That seems most unfair and why do they ask for the components to be
tested separately? Would it not be sensible to treat the wall as a
whole not in parts.  Are you able to call the "system" a composite
wall panel?

What fire rating do you have to achieve?  Memory tells me that the New
Mexico Tests showed unplastered bales to get to 30 minutes.  I have
still got the video if you want it let me know.

Kind regards
John Glassford
Huff 'n' Puff Constructions
Mount Kilimanjaro Climb 28/8/07