From: GSBN [<a  target="_blank" href="mailto:GSBN@...";>mailto:GSBN@...] On Behalf Of Evgen Shirokov
Sent: Friday, January 19, 2007 11:49 PM
To: GSBN
Subject: GSBN:Re[2]: GSBN:Re: GSBN:GSBN re Ecohouse

Hi,John

Some remarks from professional ecologist about asbestos.
If you use asbestos plate (asbestos is fixed by cement) - no problem (in
fomer USSR last 60 years and till now 90% of roofs is covered by "shifer"
(asbestos "plate") - no one case of health problem, associated with asbestos
(instead of problem with steropor, PVC, fenol, formaldegid, etc.).

But if you use FREE asbestos for noise reduction in ventilation system with
pump (like UNESCO office in Paris) - it will be problem with asbestos dust
in office. 90% of world asbestos mining was in Russia, and during last time
of "cold war" West use the Unesco office case for stop export asbestos from
USSR by world wide mass media company (but it was more politic, then
ecologict reason). West win this game, but use  asbestos(mainly, from USA
and Canada)in construction materials till now, but without "media noise"
(asbestos is natural cheap material with unic propeties). Few years ago
National Cort of USA (I don't know the real name this body in English,
sorry) officially allow to use asbestos in construction materials (without
massmedia company).

I'm not a fun of asbestos, I prefer use clay or lime stucco, but truth is
truth.

Evgeny Shirokov

-----Original Message-----From: "John" jswearingen@...