Re: GSBN:Largest strawbale buildings?

G ' day Kelly et al

You may be interested in contacting Andrew Webb, Architect in
Queensland.  Andrew has designed a large straw bale building for Terry
Irwin and the Australia Zoo see:

<a  target="_blank" href="http://www.thegreenwebb.com/med_1a.htm";>http://www.thegreenwebb.com/med_1a.htm</a>

It is large nearly 2,000 square metres.

Location near Beerwah just North of Brisbane, hot, humid and wet.

Andrew is also very active in AUSBALE.

Just an idea but Simon Velez from Columbia has built some wonderful
bamboo buildings with very wide overhangs some 3 or more stories high.

<a  target="_blank" href="http://www.deboerarchitects.com/BambooThoughts.html";>http://www.deboerarchitects.com/BambooThoughts.html</a>

Would you be able to obtain bamboo in China?  Only joking they export
the stuff.  His book Grow Your Own House ISBN 3-931936-25-2 is a
beauty.  I obtained my copy from Charmaine Taylor:

<a  target="_blank" href="http://www.dirtcheapbuilder.com";>http://www.dirtcheapbuilder.com</a>

Kind regards
John Glassford
Huff 'n' Puff Constructions