GSBN:Re: SB in the tropics

I agree with Bruce that most tropical locations and building designs
don't make sense for strawbale building.  However, I would like to
remind us to keep in mind the climatic diversity that exists in most
countries.  I lived a year in Ecuador, within 100 miles of the Equator.
Students built fires in the fireplace for warmth, almost every day, at
my school.

There are millions of people living in the tropics, in locations that
are dry and hot, or cool/cold with moderate humidity.  Some of these
people would be well-served by SB buildings.

Derek

--On February 6, 2007 9:05:00 AM -0800 Bruce King