Re: GSBN:Rammed Earth Tire Foundations for SB Homes

G ' day Sarah

Just a quick reply we have built with rubber tyres and I have a drawing here:

<a  target="_blank" href="http://www.glassford.com.au/Other_methods.htm";>http://www.glassford.com.au/Other_methods.htm</a>

Hope that helps.  I am going to try and pour the next footing we use
tyres for by mixing an earthen render mix with chaff and straw which
may make it quicker and easier to get the tryes "rammed".

However I find that the ramming makes the tyres very very solid but
this takes a lot of effort especialy for a larger footing.

One of the buildings that we used the tyres for can be seen here:

<a  target="_blank" href="http://www.glassford.com.au/Alt_roof.htm";>http://www.glassford.com.au/Alt_roof.htm</a>

We used 55 tyres in a stretcher bond or aprox. 10 years of tyre
consumption on our vehicle which gave us a good feeling in that we
were able to reuse the tyres and not send them to the dump.

Welcome to the group Kiwi mate.

Kind regards
The Straw Wolf
Huff 'n' Puff Constructions