GSBN:Re: SB in the tropics

In a message dated 2/6/2007 10:41:11 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
derek@...:

> There are millions of people living in the tropics, in locations that
> are dry and hot, or cool/cold with moderate humidity.  Some of these
> people would be well-served by SB buildings.
>
> Derek

I think Derek, as usual, has a good point.  My brief exposure to the
highlands of Guatemala suggests that it may be another suitable location for sb.  I
have heard that there is a similar situation in some part of Costa Rica
(Guancaste province?).  Knowing the local conditions (e.g., elevation, timing and
nature of rainfall, etc.) would be crucial.

Mateo el Feo