Re: GSBN:Rammed Earth Tire Foundations for SB Homes

Hi Sarah - if you can find me an engineer in New Zealand who will
countenance rubble or stone or packed tyre footings which also provide a
good upstand out of the ground to prevent water wicking and get out or range
of splashing for the bottom of earth or strawbale walls, AND which will
withstand horizontal earthquake loads and provide resistance to wind uplift,
AND who does not suggest a very expensive research project to prove their
worth, please let me know - I have not had success so far.

Good luck,

Graeme,
Graeme North Architects,
49 Matthew Road,