Compression for infill

Dear SBer's,
Questions have come up with two clients of mine in the same week wanting to explore various options for compression of bales in a post and beam system. I don't have alot of hands-on experience with this other than levering down the 2nd to last course and would be interested to hear folks thoughts on the value of this as well as preferred systems. I did a search of older GSBN messages, and found some interesting comments but not exactly what I'm hoping for now.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Laura Bartels
Carbondale, CO