GSBN:Compression for infill

Dear SBer's,
Questions have come up with two clients of mine in the same week wanting
to explore various options for compression of bales in a post and beam
system. I see it as a valuable step in reducing gaps and possible
resultant airflow or reduction in R-value, as well as creating a stiffer
wall. I don't have alot of hands-on experience with this other than
levering down the 2nd to last course and would be interested to hear
folks thoughts on the value of this as well as preferred systems. I did
a search of older GSBN messages, and found some interesting comments but
would appreciate current comments and experiences.
Thanks,
Laura Bartels
Carbondale, CO