Re: GSBN:Compression for infill

G 'day Laura

Re pre-compression with in-fill or post and beam.

Horses for courses I suppose, however after using many different
methods overe the past 11 years we are now set on the use of all
thread in pairs on each side of the bales set at 1.8 metres apart and
beside each window and door openings.

There are some pics on our web site:

<a  target="_blank" href="http://www.glassford.com.au/South%20Coast%20NSW.htm";>http://www.glassford.com.au/South%20Coast%20NSW.htm</a>

If you need some clearer pics let me know and I will send them to you.

We use them now for in-fill as well as load bearing and they leave all
other methods behind in ease of use and accuracy in pre-compression.
We have used straps both steel and plastic composites as well as high
tensile wire and gripples, none come near to the all thread method.
Thanks to Bill and Athena once again, see Poem's House:

<a  target="_blank" href="http://www.caneloproject.com/pages/canelobuildings/poems-house/poem.html";>http://www.caneloproject.com/pages/canelobuildings/poems-house/poem.html</a>

Although they used bamboo we adopted the method by using all thread.

You can also see them used here in a load bearing pavillion home:

<a  target="_blank" href="http://www.glassford.com.au/Matong.htm";>http://www.glassford.com.au/Matong.htm</a>

Get back to me if you need any detailed pics.

Kind regards

John Glassford
Huff 'n' Puff Constructions
Mount Kilimanjaro Climb 28/8/07