GSBN:Re: Adobe (was: Book)

I'm interested in Bob's questions, too. Perhaps pre-Moorish earthen construction in Spain was similar to what we now call cob and/or wattle and daub. It's also possible that a technique similar to adobe was used, but the ancient name was replaced by a word introduced by the Moors.

If I remember correctly, the Moors entered Spain around 711 AD. There must be records of the Roman structures in Spain, from earlier periods, but those would tell us what the foreign elite built, not what "the people" were building. I wonder how much is known about pre-Moorish vernacular construction in Spain. Perhaps some of our European members can enlighten us.

Derek