GSBN:Stone Veneer over Bales

We are in the process of designing several "Up-Scale and Environmentally Friendly", 2-story Straw Bale homes in Southern California - Unfortunately, they will be rather large; 5,000 Sf (465 Sq Meters).

The clients, architect and contractor have agreed on a Tuscany style which will include a (concrete-based) "stone" veneer on the tower. I have already vetoed the stone over the Bales, but I felt that it would be best to run it past all of you just in the unlikely event that someone had figured out a way to make stone cladding vapor permeable (Yes, I know that's an oxymoron).

Many thanks to all for the ongoing invaluable information~

bb

Bob Bolles
Sustainable Building Systems
Bob@...