RE: GSBN:Straw-bale LEED-Gold building... systemic issues

Jeff, Mark and all

The problem is not limited to straw bale. Solar designs are often
horrible because they will not talk to the experts.

The Leed platinum and gold buildings I have seen (several) are often
dys-functional. Performance criteria are needed instead of prescriptive
steps. A review 5 years after construction should be required.

It is reminiscent of the solar tax credits - where more money has gone
to dumb, expensive systems than practical and durable systems that are
many times more effective.

Cheers

Dave

David A. Bainbridge
Associate Professor, Sustainable Management
Marshall Goldsmith School of Management
Business & Management Division
Alliant International University
10455 Pomerado Road