Re: GSBN: RE: 5 perms / no ventilation

Hello All -- To revisit this topic briefly, let me pose one more question:

In addition to permeance, isn't it also important how much "safe
moisture storage" there is in the interior of the home?

In Bruce King's book, Design of Straw Bale Buildings, John Straube's
chapters on moisture also indicate that thick coats of hydrophillic
(hydroscopic?) plaster (clay, gypsum & lime) are excellent moisture
sinks, that absorb and re-release moisture in the form of
humidity.  And if there were also interior walls of cob or adobe, or
straw-clay, that they too would be a location for safe moisture storage?

In a recent article in Fine Homebuilding, (January '07) I read an
article by Joe Lstibruck (sp?) that seemed to be saying the same thing.

Would this additional awareness keep some of these homeowners
sleeping soundly at night?

best regards,
Catherine Wanek