RE: GSBN:"Biggest strawbale building in Europe"

Yes, I like the idea of pre-fabrication in principle but so far it is
proving to be very expensive in practice. However, we are able to build
loadbearing strawbale walls, (not including base or wallplates) plastered
both sides with 30mm lime render, for £80/m2 (this is using a professional
team of experienced strawbale builders).
Another downside to pre-fabrication is the loss of all the fun clients and
their community can have on site, helping to build!

Does anyone know of large buildings in Europe by the way?

Best wishes
Barbara

We have been working on some lovely buildings in the last year and here are
a few websites to take a look at to see what we mean!
With the National Trust www.strawfootprint.org
With Agbrigg and Bellevue Allotment Association
www.outwoodcommunityvideo.co.uk (look in Movies section for strawbale)

Warning! Strawbale Building Can Seriously Transform Your Life!

Amazon Nails-Strawbalefutures. A not-for-profit social enterprise.
www.strawbalefutures.org.uk
info@...
Tel: 00 44 (0) 845 458 2173
Hollinroyd Farm, Todmorden, W.Yorks OL14 8RJ