Re: GSBN:France is Looking for alternatives for burning rice straw

G ' day Andre

Rice straw is excellent for building with PROVIDED the moisture
content is below 10%.

We have used rice straw many times with no problems at all.

Down here in the Riverina of New South Wales even in this drought we
have plenty of rice straw available.  We have a contract baler who has
22,000 rice straw bales in storage right now.  These were baled behind
the harvester on irrigated country, and even though green in colour
they were dry below 10% otherwsie he would not have stored the bales.

Using the rice straw assists in reducing global warming as in a good
season 1,000,000 million tonnes of rice straw here is burnt creating
polution on a large scale:

<a  target="_blank" href="http://www.glassford.com.au/Other.htm";>http://www.glassford.com.au/Other.htm</a>

So I suggest you get them baling the straw again provided it is dry
enough.  They make good building blocks are easy to handle and easy to
render.

Kind regards
John Glassford
Huff 'n' Puff Constructions