GSBN:Re Thermal Properties of Straw Bale Walls

G ' day Balers

Can any of you help with thermal properties of jumbo bales?

I have Nehmiah Stone's work and was wondering if I can extrapulate
from them inch by inch?

If so what value would you give a 900mm or 36" straw bale wall plus
100mm or 4" of render?

We are about to build a community centre in Sydney for the Fairfield
City Council from jumbo balaes 2.4m x 900mm x 600mm.   Bales 6 high or
a wall of 3.8 m finished including top and bottom plates.  The
building will be used for community events in the heart of Sydney or
it's geographical centre.  Will be good for straw bale. Bales on the
flat i.e. 900mm.

Any help will be appreciated thanks.

Aussie R values are around R7-9 for straw bales so multiply by 5.6 for
USA R values, I think.

Kind regards
John Glassford
Huff 'n' Puff Constructions
Mount Kilimanjaro Climb 28/8/07
<a  target="_blank" href="http://www.coolamonrotary.com/kili/";>http://www.coolamonrotary.com/kili/</a>
61 2 6927 6027

Yours in Rotary
John Glassford
International Services Director
Rotary Club of Coolamon District 9700
New South Wales, Australia
Mount Kilimanjaro Climb 28/8/07
<a  target="_blank" href="http://www.coolamonrotary.com/kili/";>http://www.coolamonrotary.com/kili/</a>
Road MAPS to Africa Web Site:
<a  target="_blank" href="http://www.coolamonrotary.com/maps/";>http://www.coolamonrotary.com/maps/</a>
Chair RFFA (Australia): Rotarians Action Group Fighting AIDS.
<a  target="_blank" href="http://rffa.org/";>http://rffa.org/</a>
61 2 6927 6027