Re: GSBN:Re Thermal Properties of Straw Bale Walls

That's an interesting question.  I would think that more compression is
better, until the straw fibers are being crushed, because it results in
smaller air spaces for convection.

As to bales flat or on edge, I think since you are hanging by your feet at
the bottom of the globe, and summer is winter and winter is summer and you
point your houses north for solar gain, it stands to reason that your bales
should be on edge....

John "Up Over from Down Under" Swearingen