GSBN:Natural Building Colloquium Texas

Another one I'm excited about this year. It's the first time for this
one, but shaping up to be a great event - held on the grounds of the
annual Kerrville Folk Festival, a couple hours outside of Austin or
San Antonio. See the website at <a  target="_blank" href="http://www.naturalbuildingtexas.org/";>http://www.naturalbuildingtexas.org/</a>

- - - - -

October 19-28, 2007
Quiet Valley Ranch in Kerrville, Texas

In the spirit of strengthening and expanding our community of natural
builders, central Texas invites you to attend a Natural Building
Colloquium, October 19-28. Colloquia are gatherings of people,
ranging from experienced to simply curious, who come to learn from
each other, to synergize their experience and to remind themselves of
their larger vision.

In our case, the vision is of a lifestyle and building culture that
could repeat itself indefinitely through successive generations. With
careful searching many of us have concluded that the use of locally
abundant, unprocessed materials such as earth, stone, straw and
native timber provide the structure with which to achieve this
vision. Cob, adobe, cob, earthbag, leichtlehm (straw-clay),
strawbale, and timber frame are a few of the types of systems that
exemplify this philosophy. Permaculture helps us integrate human
patterns into the landscape surrounding our homes.

There are other important aspects as well: delicious food that
nourishes the body, music, laughter, creativity, families of all
sorts, eager minds and willing hands. We seek to create homes that
comfort the body and lift the soul. If you possess or aspire to any
of the above, we invite you to join us this fall.