Date: 7 Jun 2007 05:01:42 -0500
From: "Dirk Scharmer- FASBA" ds@...
Subject: FW: European Straw Bale Gathering in eco village 'Sieben Linden'
August, 5. 9.  2007

Dear friends.

As we informed you in January  the Association for Straw Bale
Construction in Germany (Fasba)) had the idea to continue the tradition
of the European Straw Bale Gathering (ESBG), which was hold last in 2002
in Austria.

We choosed the location of the eco-village Siebenlinden/Germany
(www.7linden.de), which some of you may know already. It has three large
straw bale houses and some smaller experimental constructions. This year
a new big building will be errected, and a small load bearing cabin too.

A workcamp will take place from August 5.-9. This gives the opportunity
to get to know the ecovillage and its different building techniques.

The Gathering itself will take place from August 9. - 12.
There would be time for presentation of activities from different
countries, for intensive technical interchange, lectures and
thematic work groups as well as for open space meetings to have enough
input and time to network between the participants.
Perhaps there will be also impulses for following European activities.

Additional straw bale construction sites in Germany will be announced in
advance for people who might take the chance to visit interesting sites.

We would appreciate very much, if all participating countries and groups
would present an overview about their straw bale activities and their
main emphasis of their work as well as their practical knowledge with
construction materials, the handling of official permissions, tests and
their results, good and bad practice and their conclusions as well as
the outlook for future development.

There will be also space for exhibitions and poster presentations of
various projects.

We have already initial postings from France, Spain, Portugal, Denmark,
the UK, the USA and Afganistan....

If you register before the 1. of July you will have a solid discount.

The application sheet, the preliminary programm and a the explanation
how to get there is posted in English on the webside of fasba.de:
<a  target="_blank" href="http://www.fasba.de/index.php?option=com_content&amp;task=view&amp;id=150&amp;Itemid=1";>http://www.fasba.de/index.php?option=com_content&amp;task=view&amp;id=150&amp;Itemid=1</a>

Please give these informations into your circles and organisations, so
that it may reach as many people as possible.

A program flyer will be available soon.

Best wishes and much success with your work!!

Sissy Hein (sh@fasba.de)

of the preparation team of the FASBA
www.fasba.de

Sissy Hein