Re: GSBN: Wind loads and racking

In a strange but true development, the engineer in question has said
that he doesn't want the through ties for tensile strength but for
compressive strength, like brick ties (which is not how he said it
originally).  That just seems weird to me and I'm sure with re-reading
the various reports and tests I can get around this one.

I would be very interested on any insights from Kevin Donahue.

Thanks Martin,

AW

Martin Hammer wrote:
Andrew, I agree.  I think if one uses through-ties, they need to be attached
to mesh, or the ties need to turn substantially up and/or down into the
plaster to engage it.