Re: GSBN:Cemento

Hello Rikki,

Do you mean why we shouldn't use (Portland) cement at all (in foundations,
slabs, paving, plasters, etc) because of its high embodied energy and its
emission of green house gases during its production?  Or do you mean why we
shouldn't use cement in plasters over straw bales because of cement
plaster's low vapor permeabliity?

Martin Hammer
California

(Thanks Tom Woolley for the article critiquing how the highest awards for
contemporary architecture go to buildings that either ignore sustainability
or exemplify unsustainability)