GSBN:Photos: Always Becoming / Steens

I uploaded a PDF of 28 photos and some links to
<a  target="_blank" href="http://www.potkettleblack.com/natbild/steens-smithsonian/";>http://www.potkettleblack.com/natbild/steens-smithsonian/</a>
At 12+MB, it's a good-sized download. The file is called "always-becoming."

The sculptures are on a heavily trafficked street a couple blocks
from the Capitol - you look up, and there it is. I think it's
Independence Avenue, actually... interesting. Lots of tourists
walking by, snapping pictures, asking questions.

Sarah's been working with them, and taking a lot more photos than me.
When she gets hers posted somewhere, I'll pass along a link. I've
just been hanging out, getting in the way - chat some, wander off,
come back and get underfoot some more. I missed Dan Smith by a day,
pity. Frank Meyer showed up, then came back and graced us with a
couple tunes yesterday morning.

I haven't seen the Steens for years, and they're every bit the treat
they've always been. Whether in person, by email, on the phone, even
second-hand, I've never had an interaction with them where I didn't
end up inspired and at least a little smarter.

Mark Piepkorn
www.potkettleblack.com

Beauty and grace are performed whether or not we will or
sense them. The least we can do is try to be there.
  - Annie Dillard