GSBN:A bit of community news

Dear friends,?
?
I know that this list is not a personal column, but I'm writing to you to share a bit of information about one of the members of this extraordinary community, Laura Bartels, and her 14 year-old son Paul. Five years ago Paul was diagnosed with a form of dystonia, a disorder
that causes the muscles to contract and spasm involuntarily.

After years of seeking effective treatments, Paul's doctors believe that there is a treatment that has a good chance of relieving Paul's dystonia symptoms. So, this week Laura and Paul (and Paul's younger brother Dawson) will travel from Colorado to Madison, Wisconsin for two weeks during which Paul will have Deep Brain
Stimulation surgery. On July 6th Paul will have one long day of brain surgery to implant electrodes, followed by
a second surgery to insert wires under the skin to the chest where they
will place impulse generators. In August, they will return to Madison
to have the impulse generators turned on and programmed.

Rather than go into a longer description here, I want to refer you to a website that Tony Novelli (who works with me at DCAT) has set up - <a  target="_blank" href="http://quiethandstudios.com";>http://quiethandstudios.com</a> - for Paul and his family. You can find more information there, including a letter I've written about all this and how you can help, if you are moved to do so. The letter can be read and downloaded as PDF file at the following location: <a  target="_blank" href="http://quiethandstudios.com/how-you-can-help";>http://quiethandstudios.com/how-you-can-help</a>

Any of you who know Laura, know what a kind, generous and brilliant and courageous human being she is, as well as being a fantastic teacher and champion of natural building and sustainability.

Please keep Paul and Laura in your thoughts and prayers in these coming weeks. Thank you.

Many blessings to you all,

David Eisenberg
Tucson, Arizona