Date: 30 Jun 2007 09:35:29 -0500
From: Mark Piepkorn mark@...
Subject: RE: GSBN:Cemento

"... the aggregate amount of carbon dioxide (CO2)
emitted from the global cement industry has reached about 2.2 billion tons."
U.S. Department of State, 2006

<a  target="_blank" href="http://www.state.gov/g/oes/rls/fs/2006/75359.htm";>http://www.state.gov/g/oes/rls/fs/2006/75359.htm</a>

At 06:32 PM 6/28/2007, you wrote:
>At 08:33 AM 6/24/2007, Rikki  Nitzkin wrote:
>>I know all the arguments, but I don't have any
>>firm statistics from reliable sources to back up my arguments.
>
>The text of a 1993 article from Environmental
>Building News, without its charts and diagrams, follows below.

Mark Piepkorn
www.potkettleblack.com

Waste no more time arguing what
a good man should be. Be one.
   - Marcus Aurelius

Date: 30 Jun 2007 18:39:48 -0500
From: Graeme North ecodesign@...

> "... the aggregate amount of carbon dioxide (CO2)
> emitted from the global cement industry has reached about 2.2 billion tons."
> U.S. Department of State, 2006

Whew - quite a jump from the 1.6 billions tons in 1993

Thanks Mark for passing on the informative articles on cement and CO2
emissions -

Do you or does anybody know the latest world wide CO2 emission levels so we
can gauge the latest % of world total CO2 emissions contributed by the
cement industry?

Best

Graeme,
Graeme North Architects,