Re: GSBN:Cemento (combined responses)

At 07:14 PM 6/30/2007, Graeme North wrote:
...does anybody know the latest world wide CO2 emission levels so we
can gauge the latest % of world total CO2 emissions contributed by
the cement industry?

        It trails WAY behind the transportation and energy sectors.
But it's another thing among so many that we can directly address
with the choices we make.

        None of the globally comprehensive C02-emission references I
know of uses data newer than a few years old.

        Carbon Dioxide Emissions by Economic Sector (dated 2005, the
data seems to be older)
<a  target="_blank" href="http://earthtrends.wri.org/pdf_library/data_tables/cli2_2005.pdf";>http://earthtrends.wri.org/pdf_library/data_tables/cli2_2005.pdf</a>

        Carbon Dioxide Emissions by Source 2005 (dated 2005, the
data seems to be older)
<a  target="_blank" href="http://earthtrends.wri.org/pdf_library/data_tables/cli3_2005.pdf";>http://earthtrends.wri.org/pdf_library/data_tables/cli3_2005.pdf</a>

        For those of us in the U.S. (and anybody else interested), see
<a  target="_blank" href="http://www.eia.doe.gov/oiaf/1605/ggrpt/carbon.html";>http://www.eia.doe.gov/oiaf/1605/ggrpt/carbon.html</a>