Date: 23 Jul 2007 06:18:46 -0500
From: "Rikki  Nitzkin" rikkinitzkin@...
Subject: what makes it a house?

What size does it have to have to be considered a house?  Here in spain
there have got to be 70-100 straw structures, many serving as homes, but
very few are bigger than 50m2 and most 30m2 or less...

Rikki Nitzkin
Aulas, Lleida, Espana
rikkinitzkin@...
(0034)657 33 51 62
www.casasdepaja.com (Red de Construccion con Balas de Paja)

If you live in it, it's a house....  There is a great book called "Material
World" which photographs median income families all over the world in front
of their houses, with all their possessions.  Size is relative.

John

On 7/23/07, Rikki Nitzkin rikkinitzkin@... wrote:

> What size does it have to have to be considered a house?  Here in spain
> there have got to be 70-100 straw structures, many serving as homes, but
> very few are bigger than 50m2 and most 30m2 or less...
>
> Rikki Nitzkin
> Aulas, Lleida, Espana
> rikkinitzkin@...
> (0034)657 33 51 62
> www.casasdepaja.com (Red de Construccion con Balas de Paja)

- --
John Swearingen
Skillful Means, Inc.
Design and Construction
www.skillful-means.com

- ---

> What size does it have to have to be considered a house?  Here in spain
> there have got to be 70-100 straw structures, many serving as homes, but
> very few are bigger than 50m2 and most 30m2 or less...

The perfect size for a house!

Graeme,
Graeme North Architects,
49 Matthew Road,