-> Fwd: Help with display
     by BuildersWithoutBorders mail@...
-> RE: GSBN:Fwd: Help with display
     by "Andy Horn" andy@...

Date: 12 Aug 2007 10:00:32 -0500
From: BuildersWithoutBorders mail@...
Subject: Fwd: Help with display

Hello all -- I'm looking forward to seeing many of you in a few days
at the ESBG at Sieben Linden.

Can anyone offer some good ideas to Polly Bart  for her display (see below).

Thanks!
Catherine

>From: Ptbptb@...
>Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2007 08:12:12 EDT
>To: blackrange@...
>
>Dear Catherine,
>
>As you know, I'm doing a straw bale section for a public building
>for the Parks and Grounds Department in Bowie, Maryland.  I've been
>invited to mount a display in the main building of a couple of bales
>to show how a straw bale wall works.  I"ve been thinking of the best
>way to do this -- plexiglass, framing lumber, beautiful wood, how
>much plaster, how much detail to show?  Would you mind forwarding a
>request to the global straw bale list asking if anyone has an
>educational display design worked out they'd be willing to share?
>
>Polly Bart, Ph.D. LEED AP
>Greenbuilders, Inc.
>www.greenbuilders.com
>410-833-4814

- ---

Date: 12 Aug 2007 11:57:26 -0500
From: "Andy Horn" andy@...
Subject: RE: GSBN:Fwd: Help with display

Hi Polly
I have done a 2/3 of a bale display for a travelling exhibition .... the
whole assembly was quite heavy for getting in and out of buildings etc. It
also needed to have a special padded box made for its transportation.

 I can't send pictures on this list server but will try and describe it. It
has a timber ladder-frame at the base with plywood bottom and filled with
gravel, upon which the bale is mounted. The ladder frame extends past the
sides to act as handles. The ends are closed off with pieces of glass and 4
threaded bars with washes and nuts, while the sides and to is plastered. The
sides had plaster layers peeling back to the earthen slip coat in the form
of a wave. I can send pictures if you interested please confirm an address
for me to send them to.
Kind regards
Andy

Hello all -- I'm looking forward to seeing many of you in a few days
at the ESBG at Sieben Linden.

Can anyone offer some good ideas to Polly Bart  for her display (see below).

Thanks!
Catherine

>From: Ptbptb@...
>Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2007 08:12:12 EDT
>To: blackrange@...
>
>Dear Catherine,
>
>As you know, I'm doing a straw bale section for a public building
>for the Parks and Grounds Department in Bowie, Maryland.  I've been
>invited to mount a display in the main building of a couple of bales
>to show how a straw bale wall works.  I"ve been thinking of the best
>way to do this -- plexiglass, framing lumber, beautiful wood, how
>much plaster, how much detail to show?  Would you mind forwarding a
>request to the global straw bale list asking if anyone has an
>educational display design worked out they'd be willing to share?
>
>Polly Bart, Ph.D. LEED AP
>Greenbuilders, Inc.
>www.greenbuilders.com
>410-833-4814