Re: GSBN:Securing Bales

We haven't used dowels for years, since a good mesh/plaster skin does the
job as well or better.  We occasionally use rebar pins on the outside when
tying the skins together, but that is only if the wall needs very high
performance.  20D nails driven an inch or so into the plates, with heads
sticking up, at 16" o.co, is much more effective at keeping bales from
slipping that a couple of rebar dowels.

John

--
John Swearingen