Re: GSBN:Securing Bales

Strapping through the foundation and up over the top plate is the
method we use to secure the roof and walls to the ground for wall
compression and to resist wind up-lift forces. Our usual structures
have load bearing straw bale walls. Wire mesh is added for the stucco
providing the seismic reinforcing. It is fastened to the top and bottom
plates after the roof is finished and last strap tightening. No other
interior or exterior pinning and/or staking seems to be necessary.

Chris

Christopher Stafford Architects, Inc.
1044 Water Street, #326
Port Townsend, WA 98368