Date: 1 Oct 2007 04:26:54 -0500
From: Tom Woolley woolley.tom@...
Subject: proposal for a new member-Jim Carfrae

I would like to propose Jim Carfrae as a new member of the GSBN

He has built a very successful timber clad strawbale house which he
lives in in Totnes Devon (see picture)
He is now doing a Phd and working on a research programme

Non-food Crop Construction Research Programme

He is going to be carrying out thermal and moisture monitoring tests
on a number of strawbale buildings in the UK
I think he would benefit greatly from being able to communicate with
other members of the GSBN

Jim Carfrae
PhD Research Student

Room 119, Reynolds Building
University of Plymouth
Drake Circus
Plymouth
PL4 8AA

jim.carfrae@...
07880 551922
01803 862369

I hope there is some support for this proposal
Jim will be supervised by Dr. Steve Goodhew who has done some
excellent work on moisture in strawbale buildings. By including Jim
it would connect the network to the work being done at Plymouth
University

=EF=BF=BC
Tom Woolley
Rachel Bevan Architects
New Professor  of the Graduate School at the Centre for Alternative
Technology Wales

  multipart/mixed
    text/html
    multipart/appledouble