Re: GSBN:Re: Strawbale walling query

Hello,

Since I'm the Magwood responsible for the book Siobhan is working from, I
guess I should respond...

I know that many might disagree with me (especially those shaky
Californians), but after years of spending all kinds of time anchoring
bales to posts, I stopped doing so. Seemed like the test figures I was
seeing would indicate that the walls weren't going to warp, wiggle or tip
over, especially when wrapped around the outside and tied in via a solid
bale/plaster corner.

If she follows the details for using vapour barrier and mesh strips behind
the posts and tied into the plaster, that's all the anchoring (and
barrier-ing) that I would use.

Of course, others might disagree...!

Chris