Re: GSBN:Re: Lime plaster problems

Dear Judy,
The answer is simple.  You and Matts have accrued such a huge amount
of good straw bale karma that the gods are simply smiling on you.  I
mean isn't that enough to ensure success on whatever you touch.

The other reason is that for some combo of the variables that I
mentioned you got it right.  I think it's impt to remember that I
didn't say "never." Only that it can be really difficult for all
those pieces to come together.

The other thing I didn't include in that earlier email was how
difficult it can be to cure the lime plaster properly.  As one
English lime expert put it, "when it comes to lime plaster there is
nothing in the European experience that comes even close to
replicating the conditions found in the southwestern US.  Even more
proof that the SB gods smile on you.

B...
On Oct 7, 2007, at 5:12 PM, Judyknox42@...:

Matts and I have had great success with lime plaster over clay
plasters,
particularly in the bale wrap project next door which is in its 7th
year, exposed
to the west sun and weather, and doing just fine.  Now I'm going to
have to
put my head together with him and try to figure out why it's worked
so well.
Plaster on...(not to be confused with let's get plastered)
Judy

Judy Knox and Matts Myhrman
Out On Bale
1037 E. Linden St.
Tucson, Az  85719
520-622-6896
judyknox42@...
mattsmyhrman@...

Each of us can and must champion the evolutionary breakthroughs
necessary to
sustain all life.  The journey of a champion is difficult, AND our
access to a
joyful life.
Judy Knox

Athena & Bill Steen